Z is for Zu, ZuZu, Zuzana.
I’m a writer, I’m a movie freak, and I’m many other things I won’t go into. I dedicate this blog to pleasant and uplifting reflections. No ranting…
My favorite beers…
My favorite kitties… (R.I.P., Marble)
Some random favorite things…
- watching movies on a lazy weekend
- cafe au lait and beignets in New Orleans
- gazing at the ocean
- spending sunny days and warm evenings with good friends
- wandering around Old Town in Prague
- reading a really gripping book…and hoping it has sequels
- that ahhh! feeling of finishing a well-crafted project
- fresh, ripe fruit
- roast duck with crispy skin
- people who don’t sweat the small stuff
- …and more movies!
And now, a little shameless self-promotion: BUY THIS BOOK!
A great book for any movie lover, A Book Full of Movies recommends films worth watching in ten categories. Read about popular movies in one of the ten genres, and then get suggestions for lesser-known films you might like. A handy rating system tells how the recommended films stack up against their popular counterparts. Every film title contains a short synopsis and review (without giving away any surprises) plus a perfect pairing for a double feature. Each chapter also contains an article about a topic related to the genre covered in that chapter. There’s even a chapter of recommended resources for finding out more about films that may be of interest to you, and the comprehensive index lets you easily find movies, actors, directors, and more. Watch for volume 2, with ten more film categories, coming soon!